Maintaining a clean home shouldn’t be a challenge. Lower your daily stress level by following a few simple rules:
- Establish a routine – don’t wait for things to accumulate. Take it day by day, cleaning up as you go along. A little bit here, a little bit there. It all adds up.
- Know your products – research brands and contents. Avoid known carcinogens & focus on using green and natural products with proven track records.
- Don’t go cheap – your home environment is where you live, breath and sleep. Make sure the things that surround you are high quality & nontoxic.
- Perform testing – lead test kits for your water, radon testing for basements and areas of concern, close monitoring of the air quality etc.
- Keep up on the latest consumer warnings & manufacturer recalls.
- Follow & get on the mailing lists for websites that monitor safety related issues such as Safe Kids Worldwide.
- If you plan to travel, make sure to check & follow WHO guidelines, warnings and updates.
- Check with the Centers for Disease Control for tips of health safety & disease prevention.
- Make your own list & stick to it.