One of the top signs you’re getting older is hair thinning and hair loss. Hair loss has many causes, the most common is one we have no control over = heredity. There are innumerable products on the market designed to treat receding hairlines, baldness & hair thinning; many offer “cosmetic” fixes such as hair shampoos, volumizers, sprays, diet plans, hormones, and more aggressive approaches such as hair transplant procedures etc. In fact, the hair loss business is a billion dollar industry with dozens of products already on the market. With so many different options, it can be tough to make the correct choice; it really comes down to choosing the correct product for you specifically and ones that have been proven clinically effective. Proof that a product is clinically effective is the scientific way of saying that the product actually works and its popularity is not simply due to good marketing. Products that attempt to mask or cover the signs of aging hair may work well early on, but with increasing hair loss and advancing age, one needs to target the hair follicle itself. Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a highly effective hair growth treatment process and a good option (especially for busy moms with limited free time outside the home) for early hair loss and for women seeking to add real natural volume to their hair. While commercials may focus on male hair loss, women are just as concerned about it and our options aren’t great either — wigs, extensions and hair transplant surgery are expensive, time consuming and may or may not look natural. Laser therapy, however, offers several advantages– it stimulates your own hair’s natural growth, is relatively affordable, and can be performed in the comfort of your own home. Using lasers to promote hair growth may sound odd, but there is solid science behind it. Lasers are very popular for hair removal so it makes sense that they could also stimulate hair growth since lasers act directly on the hair follicle. Until recently, at-home LLLT units weren’t widely available to consumers. That’s no longer the case. As of 2014 the iGrow® Hair Growth System was granted Over the Counter Clearance by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). FDA clearance is important. The purpose of FDA approval or clearance is to ensure medical device safety. To gain FDA clearance a device must undergo rigorous evaluation before being allowed on the market and the manufacturer must prove the device is not harmful but beneficial. Consumers should always check to see whether or not a medical device has been cleared by the FDA prior to using it. iGrow® has FDA clearance already and double-blind clinical studies where iGrow® has been proven to increase hair counts in women with genetic hair thinning by over 37% (as compared to a placebo device) in just 16 weeks of therapy with no side effects. With consistent use, both men and women with varying types and degrees of hair thinning and loss can experience significant results in just 16 weeks with zero side effects. The bottom line = real scientific evidence shows that iGrow® works, particularly for genetic (aka hereditary) hair loss (the most common type). Convenience is a major benefit with this system. iGrow® is an at-home use, wearable device that uses LLLT (Low-Level Light Therapy) to increase cellular activity in the scalp where hair follicles reside. Safe and effective, the iGrow® in-home hair growth system provides full scalp coverage, is fully portable, simple to use, and requires no manual movement. iGrow® incorporates Apira Science’s proprietary dual light Laser and LED design.
- About 50% of women, or over 30 million American women, experience some form of thinning or hair loss by age 50.
- The most common cause of hair loss is hereditary thinning or baldness.
- The iGrow® Hair Growth System uses low level light therapy (LLLT) to re-energize cells at the follicle level to regrow thicker, fuller and healthier hair. Lightweight and portable, its combination of medical-grade LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) and red laser diodes combine with built-in headphones and Mp3 port to make the iGrow® a convenient, non-invasive, cost-effective and clinically- proven solution for hair loss. iGrow® is founded on the principal of phototherapy (also known as Low-Level Light Therapy – LLLT). In this process a specific wavelength of light is directed on the scalp to produce increased terminal hair growth and thickness. Laser light produces a narrow light beam, while LEDs have a more diffused beam.
- 6 Month Money-Back Guarantee. Apira Science offers a money-back guarantee for iGrow® devices. If the product is returned within 6 months from the noted date of purchase, they will refund the purchase price minus an 18% restocking fee that will be deducted from the refund amount. Payment of return shipping costs is also required.
- FDA Clearance : iGrow® is FDA 510k cleared for men and women. Some companies achieve FDA clearance through a shortcut method, by claiming that their product is “just like” products already on the market. iGrow® did it the right way, using double-blind clinical trials with results reviewed by a third-party institution and published in a prestigious medical journal (Lasers in Medicine & Surgery for more visit here: Study 1 & Study 2). According to both studies, “Patients were treated at home every other day 16 weeks (60 treatments, 67.3 J/cm2 irradiance/25 minute treatment), with follow up and photography at 16 weeks.” In other words, both studies showed that the device was effective when worn for 25 minutes a day, every other day. The impressive results – a 35% increase in hair growth – directly reflects iGrow® technology – not another company’s or device.
- The iGrow® Hair Growth System is now available for purchase at www.igrowlaser.com, retail websites NeimanMarcus.com, Nordstrom.com, BestBuy.com, and at select Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Fry’s retail locations. The device currently retails for $695. For more information on the iGrow® Hair Growth System, please visit www.igrowlaser.com.
- The iGrow® features a patented headphone-based stabilizing platform, with a standard 2.5 mm audio port which allows a quality connection to any music/audio, TV or entertainment source device, including PlayStation and Xbox. Listen to your favorite playlist, internet radio, or enjoy an audiobook while receiving treatment.
“More than 80 million people suffer from genetic hair loss, yet iGrow® is one of just a handful of solutions the FDA has cleared for treating it,” said Jeff Braile, president of the Medical Products Division at Apira Science, Inc. “iGrow® enables anyone to effectively treat their thinning hair from the comfort and privacy of their own home. In fact, it’s the only home-use, hands-free device to be cleared by the FDA for both men and women. This puts it in an elite category of products used to treat genetic hair loss.”
The iGrow® is a safe and effective in-home device, designed and produced specifically for the purpose of growing hair in people afflicted with Androgenetic Alopecia (thinning hair).
About Apira Science, Inc.
Apira Science, Inc. has pioneered low-level light therapy (LLLT) for over a decade. Its iGrow® Hair Growth Platform draws on its expertise and innovations in the application of LLLT to deliver a simple, safe, and effective hair growth treatment. iGrow® is a registered trademark of Apira Science, Inc.