Telemedicine is a reality – Pager.com offers a photo-based diagnosis for skin conditions, including recommendations over the phone with in-person visits as indicated.
From the Pager.com website:
” Have a rash, bite or burn? How do you know if you should see a doctor?”
With Pager, get a first opinion & recommendation within minutes simply by following these steps:
- First request a visit at Pager.com & take a photo of the rash and/or skin condition
- Upload a photo of your skin problem via Pager’s secure messaging platform.
- A Pager doctor will review and let you know within minutes what you need to do.
- If you need in-person treatment, a doctor will come to your home or office in less than two hours.
- Payment – If the doctor can make the diagnosis based on the photo without visiting in person, the cost is $25. If the doctor needs to see the patient in person, the cost will be $200 (or $50 for a first-time visit). Visits can be submitted to insurance for out-of-network reimbursement.
- Available in New York City every day from 8 AM to 10 PM